Monday, May 9, 2011

Office Accidents and Monday Blues

www.carpetplusflooruk.com


The day has just begun and I’m still trying to shake of the joy and fun from the weekend.
So I decide to have a nice cup of coffee hoping this will help get rid of the Monday Blues.

Back at my desk with hot cup of coffee, telephone rings, I’m startled into action and that’s when it happens – the office accident.

In my haste to pick up the darn phone hoping to silence the beast and get back to my lovely cup of coffee I did what people do from time to time. It all happened in slow motion, I saw my travelling hand brush against the cup and watched as if in a trance, the cup tipping towards the keyboard as if to say “hello” like strangers meeting for the first time. Now it’s too late, there’s coffee all over the keyboard as though the keys need to shake off the Monday blues more than I do. My mind is clogged with the repercussions I jump into action a second time. This is all too much, I suppose it will be cool if I was in training for the Olympic event of arriving at work on Monday mornings early, ready, fully awake and rearing to go.

Forward 30 minutes later, I have managed to feed the coffee to some paper towels but......? I hear you ask. YES! You guessed right, some of the keys are refusing to function like they normally do. They are behaving like upset teenagers and will not do what is expected of them.

QUESTION – How does one get rid of coffee which has managed to smuggle itself under the keys of my computer keyboard like a thief on Monday morning bleep #*@# bleep.  HELP>>>>!!!! Suggestions will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment